Tuesday, June 18, 2019

A Pair Of British Birthday Boys

Today is Paul McCartney’s birthday, and social media is overflowing with best wishes and some really cool photos of him. My wife Pam and I had such a great time seeing him perform a high-energy, three-hour concert on my birthday a few years ago, I want to express my admiration and gratitude. You never forget seeing a show like that. A toast to you, Sir Paul, and keep up the good work.

Another British musician who’s celebrating a birthday today is Mordecai Smyth. His music isn’t as well known as McCartney’s, so by way of introduction, I’d say he fancies setting clever and occasionally creepy lyrics to catchy 1960s style arrangements. He once teased me on Facebook about listing so much local entertainment on my blog. I responded by naming him an unofficial citizen of my home town of Palatine, IL. I’m sure he cherishes that honor to this day.

Cheers, gentlemen!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails